New Discussion юеВ

Issue with upgrading Commanview EVA from v 7.0 to 9.3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Issue with upgrading Commanview EVA from v 7.0 to 9.3

Hello All,

I tried to upgrade the Command View EVA version from 7.0 to 9.0. While installing, it ask to uninstall the current version and perform a clean install. So I uninstalled the following tools -
1. HP Storageworks Command View EVA
2. HP Storageworks Command View EVA Software Suite
3. HP Storageworks EVA Perfonamce Monitor
4. HP Storageworks SMI-S CIMOM
5. HP Storageworks SMI-S EVA

After uninstalling, i rebooted the server and installed the latest version of CV EVA v 9.3. But the installation failed and says that the Command view eva installation is un-successful.

The OS here is Windows 2003 storage server. Is there anything i missed during the upgrade process.

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Jayaprakash S
5 REPLIES 5
Rajiv Kulkarni
Valued Contributor

Re: Issue with upgrading Commanview EVA from v 7.0 to 9.3

Hi JP,

See the attached EVA Array Software compatibility matrix, upgrade to CV 9.x is only supported from 8.x.

You will need to follow the upgrade path,

CV 7.0 --> CV 8.0 --> CV 9.2 --> CV 9.3

Other option is to do a clean install of CV 9.3, however you might need a license key for CV 9.3.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I need the answes for the below.

1. Is the Server name having DNS resolution? (If the installation failed like "XF Installation failed"

If not you can make a entry in "hosts" file located "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc"

The Installation of 9.3 is possible if Earlier versions is completely un-installed.
Try to remove the SANWorks and _unist and _jvm folders if they are under Program file \Hewlett Packard directory and try to install. (if it a 64bit it will be under Program files (x86) directoty.

there is no license key is required as your earlier verion is 7. If it is less than 7 then you need a Command view eva lic key.

Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your reply. I did a clean Install of CV EVA v 9.3. But i don't have a license now. Also there is no provision to apply the license during the installation.

I found that only the Command View EVA tool failed to install out of the 5 tools i have mentioned.

Thanks,
Jayaprakash S
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Hi Siva,

I tried the exact things what you have mentioned here and the installation failed. The error message says that the "Command View EVA installation is unsuccessful.

I have added the DNS for the server and the host files are also up to date.

Also the windows is updated with latest update. I'm not sure what the issue here.

Thanks,
Jayaprakash S
Rajiv Kulkarni
Valued Contributor

Hi Jay,

You mentioned that you did a clean install of CV 9.3, could you elaborate on the process followed ?

Also this SMA had CV EVA 7.3 installed previously, which means that it had a license installed.

Could you post screenshots of the errors ?

By default CV EVA has a 60/90 days trial license.

Thanks,
Rajiv