1752806 Members
5616 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: LS Command help

lisap
Occasional Contributor

LS Command help

HI,  I need to gather host & hostwwn information and I was going to use an ls command to do this.  I can gather all of the information for a host by using ls host full but this gives me everything & I really want only certain information.  I have tried ls host full :grep portwwn > etc but this does not work either.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

What is your operating system & what is the storage connected?

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
lisap
Occasional Contributor

The OS on the Command View server is Windows 2003 Enterprise.  HOsts are a mix of Windows versions, Linux & ESX.  We have EVA8100's with Fibre channel disks

Thanks

hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

SAN Visibiity tool will help you in getting this information . It is available for download from

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/networking/sansolutions.html

SAN Visibility is a complementary software utility for HP customers that helps with SAN Analysis, SAN Diagnostics and SAN Optimization. SAN Visibility saves you considerable time, money, and effort by automating inventory activities and providing a quick and accurate view of your SAN topology. SAN Visibility has an automated report generation feature that produces recommendations, topology diagrams, and informative SAN element reports for switches, host bus adapters and storage array connectivity. SAN Visibility runs on any Windows desktop or laptop which has network connectivity to a switch within your SAN.

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!