1752777 Members
6443 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lack of disk space in C drive

WW316110
Frequent Advisor

Lack of disk space in C drive

Can any one tell me what is the use of C:\HPSS\padb\solid.db file its almost 3 GB in my Performance adviser server.
And there are many files like solid2.db, solid3.db , solid5.db.

I am lack of space in C drive. If I delete this file, it will affect my Windows Server.

Suggest me..
5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

http://doc.in2p3.fr/hpss/

Can't tell if this applies to you but this is a filestore database that was created by some application in your server. Don't delete anything before you find out what service is using the database. Even then, there should be formal procedures to clean up, don't just delete the files, you will corrupt the entire database. Are you running any archiving products on your server?
WW316110
Frequent Advisor

Hi thanks for your reply and I dont have any idea about archiving products this server is for XP performance.
TTr
Honored Contributor

> this server is for XP performance.

That's probably it. the XP software is using this database as a repository. Don't delete anything, find out what you can do to clean up within the XP software.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

From PA, select Data Retention

Use the Database Configuration screen to specify how much disk space for the database to use.

Enter the number of gigabytes of disk space reserved for the database.

Click Save to save the change to the database.
WW316110
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for U r reply, I have logged into PA and I have checked the Disk space reserved for Database it shows as 17 GB.

And I have logged into PA server I found the HPSS folder preside only 14 GB still I need to change the size, Will it work for me...

Kindly suggest me..