108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Leveling Pending

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

Leveling Pending

Is it possibel to have 2 diskgroups leveling at the same time?

My issue is that i cant get one of my diskgroups to level.
I changed a bad disk, in my 146gb disk group, but it wont level it out again. It just says "Leveling Pending"

At the same time is my 450GB diskgroup leveling (tages like 3 days) becourse a nother bad disk.

I got 3 bad disk after i installed WEBES to hardware monitor my EVA :( Dont know if it was smart or not.
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Leveling is done in one disk group at a time only. The other disk group will perform leveling when the first one finishes.

Also, do not confuse leveling with reconstructing after a disk replacement. Reconstructing is done inmediatly and with high priority to recover redundancy ASAP.

Leveling is a optimizing process that can have some benefits on the performance, but it's not a critical process and you must not wait for it to perform any operation.
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

Thanks alot champ
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

I have to ask a few more question. You wrote

"Also, do not confuse leveling with reconstructing after a disk replacement. Reconstructing is done inmediatly and with high priority to recover redundancy ASAP."

The reconstructing after a disk replacement is done inmedialty???
Anywere i can see this process?
And how long does it take?
Quess it depends on disk size and data quote?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

On a properly sized array, enough free space is available and the EVA immediately starts with the reconstruct when the software has decided that a disk drive as gone bad - there is a timeout setting on the properties page.

The EVA does not have dedicated spare disk drives - the capacity is embedded in the disk disk group and distributed across all disk drives.

I have never really looked into this, but I think you get a popup windows when you select a disk group during the rebuild. Those actions are logged in the event log to enable later analysis.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

A paper about leveling (finally found it in public version):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01209515