108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Leveling progress starting over?

SOLVED
Go to solution
boje
Regular Advisor

Leveling progress starting over?

Is it possible for the Leveling progress to start all over again? Yesterday when i left the office the leveling progress for my disk group where on 68%, but this morning when i check, it is now on 24%. I was hoping the progress would be done by now.

Br
Patrik
6 REPLIES 6
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
the leveling process starts from the beginning after all changes in the EVA disk group, because the leveling means that the whole set of the vdisk are automaticaly distributed across the
a) more physical disks after the group
b) less physical disks after the ungroup
the pain is one part of the reality
boje
Regular Advisor

Hi!

I did not understand you answer. i have replaced a disk in the EVA. I ungrouped the old disk, and waited for it to complete. Then i replaced it and grouped the new disk. The leveling started and now it has started all over again. I understand why it levels, but not why it started over?

Br
Patrik
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

then wait for the leveling to be finished.
If it does not occur, check the controller log for the messages - the problem should be log there.
One possible reaason could be the incompatible firmware of the new disk

the pain is one part of the reality
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> start all over again?

I, too, have seen that the EVA sometimes does "two passes" or does a very short leveling after some maintenance work. Didn't hurt me, so I have not bothered.
boje
Regular Advisor

I will wait and see. I just think it├В┬┤s strange.
Thanks!
Vihang.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Patrik,

Also check the free space in your disk group. I have seen the levelling process restart several times because of not enough free space in the disk group.

Regards,
Vihang.