New Discussion юеВ

Re: License BC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Xav0
Advisor

License BC

Hi guys

I have 2 EVA replicating information in the site 1 has 5 licenses 1 tb each of which have already occupied the licenses to 98% in site 2 also have 5TB of business copy, each with 1 license 1 tb, and Tiengo without taking 3 licenses 1tb.
Question: if I add another license on the site 1 to 6TB remaining, and the site 2 is left with 5 licenses, do not cause any conflict?.

thanks for the support.
6 REPLIES 6
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor
Solution

BC Licenses only affect the local storage aray and have nothing to do with any other array.

The amount of space you utilize, per EVA... determines the size of the license needed.

If you are using snap clones, shops and mirrors more on 1 EVA than the other... the other EVA does not care.

Typically, Customers have a greater need at the primary site for BC than at the secondary site. In this case, and depending upon the amount of storage they have... they my purchase a BC unlimited for site 1 and 1 or several TB LTU's for the second site.

You should not have any conflict. If you surpass the licensed 5TB's of BC space in site 2, THAN you will need another license.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Xav0
Advisor

Thanks Stvent
Xav0
Advisor

and if the licenses were for Continuous Access EVA???
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

CA requires licenses on both EVAs. If I remember correctly it says that the total capacity of the 'source vdisks' need to be licensed. Of course, once you do a failover, the source vdisks are on the second EVA.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

CA is a bit different.

As suggested, since potentially either site can be the host of your source disks, you should have the same licenses on both sides.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Xav0
Advisor

Thanks guys