New Discussion юеВ

Re: Locked Array Configuration utility

cscales
Occasional Contributor

Locked Array Configuration utility

Hello,

I'm trying access my MSA1000 ACU.

I'm getting the following when I click on the controller:
ACU has encountered the following critical error while attempting to configure your controller:

The current array controller has either been locked by a configuration program running on another machine or is a standby controller.

Only one configuration program can configure this controller at a time. Run ACU when the other program is finished. If no other program is currently running, the lock will automatically expire in less than one hour.

Any solution to this?
6 REPLIES 6
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Did you try an hour later?

Can you physically inspect the array? Are the drive lights blinking? (the amber ones)

Check the other servers that have access to the array to see if the ACU is running.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Along, with the discs, please have a look at the controller LED's. If any of them is Amber, then please click a pic and post it here. There are around 18 LED's. Also, look for an error on the controller LCD.

Also, please see if you can reinstall the ACU. uninstall it first and then go for a reinstall from the following link:-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=374789&prodNameId=266589&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-0d16000b9f7d454eb8f32ef1fe
cscales
Occasional Contributor

After checking back, the acu did allow me to override the session and configure the disks.

Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Hi,

It seems that the ACU was hung or a previous process was running int he background causing this. As a best practice logout of the ACU so that the controller is released. Also, look for the upgrade of the ACU to the latest version from the link given in my previous post.

Regards,
Sunny

P:S - Rate Solutions with points. It keeps us going..
cscales
Occasional Contributor

It is working fine.
Maerz_89rus

for Linux
./cpqacuxe -stop
./cpqacuxe -R

for Windows kill procces cpqacuxe