HPE EVA Storage

MPIO V2.01 Unable to LB Policy to SQST

MHerman
Occasional Advisor

MPIO V2.01 Unable to LB Policy to SQST

I have MPIO 2.01 and MPIO FF DSM 2.0 running and I am unable to set Load Balancing to SQST on certain LUNS. The error that I get is "Unable to set load balancing policy for selected device." Why am I able to set it on certian LUNS but not others? Any ideas? Other nodes in the cluster are able to set the Policy to SQST on these LUNS, but I just have one node in the cluster that will not set the policy to SQST. Thanks
Mike
6 REPLIES 6
MHerman
Occasional Advisor

Re: MPIO V2.01 Unable to LB Policy to SQST

Also some LUNS have the error that SQST is not supported on that particular LUN, but other nodes in the cluster have it set. Just more info. Again thanks!

Mike
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Could you please name the Array being used. Also, if its a dual controller array, what is the firmware running on. is it Active Active or Active/ Passive.

Regards,
Sunny
MHerman
Occasional Advisor

Thank you. EVA6000 XCS6.110 Dual Controller Active Active.
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Have you assigned the Luns to a specific controller at the EVA end?

I have seen the behavior of the MPIO ALB policies before as well.

If you assign specific Volumes to a specific controller then the MPIO will pick the settings from the controllers. It will automatically assign a preferred path for each volume/Lun as per the Controller owning lun. This behavior does not allow you to set a policy at all.

Please check if the LUNS on which you can change the policy and the LUNS on which you cannot have a difference in terms of ownership on the controller end.

Regards,
Sunny

p:s - Rate solutions with points. It keep us going...
MHerman
Occasional Advisor

Thank you. You are so correct sir and thank you! How do I assign points?
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

How Do I Assign Points?

Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time.

ref :--http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/postanswer.do?threadid=1339909&forumId=1&closedFlag=0