HPE EVA Storage

MPX110 FC ports not working Loopback->Port 5

happygrl
Advisor

MPX110 FC ports not working Loopback->Port 5

We have a HP EVA 4400. I just replaced our MPX110 switch at our local site (replaced due to bad GigE port).  We have another MPX110 set up at our remote location.

The GigE ports are now working as they should however the FC port is not. These ports are lit amber on the mpx. We are using FC2 and GE2.

The FC2 cable is plugged into port 5 on our brocade (FC1 empty and not plugged into other brocade). The brocade is already configured for aptpolicy1 and port 5 is isl and gport. Even so I ran the commands portCfgISLMode 5,1 and portCfgGport 5,1. The brocade came back with “Same configuration for port 5” so the brocade port already had that configuration.

I still show Loopback->Port  5 on the brocade port where the mpx FC cable is plugged in to.  It doesn’t appear that a FC link is being established between our local mpx and the remote mpx.

Brocade shows the following for this mpx FC port 5 (local brocade):

Index Port           Address               Media Speed       State                   Proto

==================================================

5           5              010500                  id            N2           Online      FC  Loopback->Port  5

On the remote location brocade:

Index Port           Address               Media Speed       State                   Proto

==================================================

5              5                                              id            N2          Online           Loopback->Port  5

My fciproute on the mpx110 shows

FCIP Route Information

------------------------

FCIP Route                                        1

FCIP Interfaces Status               Enabled

FCIP Link Status                              Down

FC Port                                               FC2

GE Port                                               GE2

GE Link Status                                  Up

Please help how I can get the FC ports to work and connect. I inherited this system at work and am trying to figure it all out.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
happygrl
Advisor

Re: MPX110 FC ports not working Loopback->Port 5

I have portdisabled and portenabled on my brocade and the status went from loopback to In_Sync however on my mpx110 it still states

FCIP Link Status                              Down

what could the issue be?

Francis Nassif
Occasional Contributor

Re: MPX110 FC ports not working Loopback->Port 5

We are facing the same issue have you resolved the FC port?