HPE EVA Storage

MSA 1000 AA SSP Issue

Simone_Reale
Occasional Contributor

MSA 1000 AA SSP Issue

Hi All,

I have an MSA 1000 AA, I currently have a 2 node configured on this (two DL380G3).
However I am having issues in configuring Selective Storage Presentation by ACU version 8.28.13.0. I want to be able to restrict the access from the host to only some array/logical drives. So I have specified the host names, the WWN, and os type and assigned the luns I want for host 1 and host 2.
When I select the button "Save" in ACU web page, the system return: "No change were made, so nothing will be saved to the controller".
In progress there is the background process "initialization of parity".
Help me.
Thank you
Simone
2 REPLIES 2
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA 1000 AA SSP Issue

hi,

can't remember whether acu is tetchy about array inits still going on , but have always preferred to use the cli to do all acl related stuff, see guide here :-

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01183955/c01183955.pdf

hth

Simone_Reale
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSA 1000 AA SSP Issue

Hi,
thank you for your reply.
I have used the ACU CLI utility and this works for me. The documentation is not very up to date. I have used this commands for my configuration:

1)"controller chassisserialnumber=XXXXXXXXXXXX show ssp" to view the adapterid;

2)"controller chassisserialnumber=XXXXXXXXXXXX logicaldrive 2 unmask=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" to set my settings;

Regards,
Simone