6313 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1000 Controller wrong Firmware

xj12
Visitor

MSA 1000 Controller wrong Firmware

High,

I've an MSA 1000 Controller with a Firmware from MSA 1500cs Controller in a MSA 1000.

Now I can't change the Firmware because after 10 Min it disable and I can't get a serial contact to this controller to flash the right Firmware for MSA 1000.

The Firmware of the first Controller is 7.20 and the others is 7.20d.

Is there any other way to flash ist  with right firmware?

Best  regards from Switzerland

4 REPLIES 4
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

So do you have a working MSA1000 controller in a 1000 enclosure? If so have you tried running the working controller in slot 1 then hot adding the second controller into slot 2, it should ask if you want to clone the firmware and if you just leave it alone it will overwrite the newly added one with the firmware from the running one.

Yes, I've a working MSA 1000 Controller in a MSA 1000 and tryed hotplugging too. But when tryed to flash it failed.

John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure where that 7.20d is coming from.  If you run a show tech_support or show this_controller | other_controller and look at the build number. They should be identical.  Are you able to collect a show tech_support and upload it.

xj12
Visitor

The wrong Firmware is 7.00b1500 and this controller start's up as a 1500 Controller. So it doesn't know anything about the hardware and after three startups it disable the controller. When it is starting up the other controller with the right firmware 7.20b1000 recognize the other controller as an unkown I/O device and doesn't transfer the right firmware. When I reject the wrong controller and put it back it's the same. I can't download anything from this controller or others. With serial cable it doesn't give any response, the other controller doesn't see it so I can't give any show_tech about them. The firmware is downloaded from HP-Site.

Thanks for your reply.