HPE EVA Storage
1745782 Members
3474 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA 2012fc G1 - How To Remove Controller?

Lester Clayton

MSA 2012fc G1 - How To Remove Controller?

I have two of these SANs and recently moved the controller from one of them to the other, the idea being that I'd run both controllers in the one SAN and use the other as an expansion chassis. Long story short, we couldn't get the cables needed to connect them, so I moved the controller back, but now both SANs report hardware fault on Controller Module B

How do I go about resetting this SAN so that it no longer thinks that there is (or should be) a Controller B? I have tried "restore defaults" to no avail.

There is no data I need to retain on any of the disks.
2 REPLIES 2
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSA 2012fc G1 - How To Remove Controller?

probobly need to find the setting to tell the systems the controllers are not redundant. or use the CLI and use the command "Restore Defaults"

Restores the manufacturer's default configuration to the controllers. When the
command informs you that the configuration has been restored, you must restart the
controllers for the changes to take effect. After restarting the controllers, hosts
might not be able to access volumes until you re-map them.
Lester Clayton

Re: MSA 2012fc G1 - How To Remove Controller?

Yeah I've already tried "Restore Defaults" from the CLI, I probably should have mentioned that I also rebooted the controllers.

Your other suggestion of "probobly need to find the setting to tell the systems the controllers are not redundant" seems logical, but I'm not seeing reference to this kind of setting via the GUI or CLI.