New Discussion юеВ

MSA 2012i controller A failed

Francisco Domingues
Occasional Contributor

MSA 2012i controller A failed

Hi all!
My MSA 2012i is failing. I get the message:
-----------------------------
The Management Controller cannot talk to the Storage Controller. The Storage Controller may be down or is busy. No current data available.

To regain communication:
Connect SMU to RAID Controller B by entering the IP Address of RAID Controller B into your browser address line.
--------------------------
I have single controller and now I cannot enter manage by any means.
From HP they said me to update firmware and activate Independent Cache Performance Mode. I could activate this mode in the beginning but the update failed because of the failing connection above.
Now I have a new controller sent by HP and I must save the configuration file of the failed controller to load it to the new one. The problem is that I cannot enter manage by any means because I get the above message.
Any workaround to at least recover the data on the disks?
Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Re: MSA 2012i controller A failed

>The problem is that I cannot enter manage by any means because I get the above message.

Have you tried to log in to controller via COM-port cable?

Regards,
Philipp.
Francisco Domingues
Occasional Contributor

I tried via CLI and FTP and I was able to enter and start the install of the firmware, from J210R10 to J210P22-01 but somehow the installation hangs and never ends like in the SMU.
I have a new controller sent by hp now but the new one didn't really helped till now.
I'll try with two controllers being one slave as recommended by hp as last chance :(

Now I enter SMU and I get:
RAID Controller Status: WARNING: Active / Active Mode - Failed over to controller A

I find a resolution to restore defaults but I don't know how to save my configuration as there is no option in the SMU for me.
Francisco Domingues
Occasional Contributor

Someone knows how to load a previous saved configuration in the SMU, CLI or ftp?
Thanks!