1752777 Members
6193 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000

Ahmad AlAbbadi

MSA1000

Hello everyone,

I have an MSA1000 storage, it has the controller and two other boxes, the two boxes are connected to the controller using the SCSI cable, then the controller itself is connected to the switch using two fiber cables.

I am trying to reuse this storage and configure it all again, but i have no idea where to start from, i have another MSA2000 storage and i am simply using the web interface to configure VDisks, link them to hosts and so on,but on the MSA1000 i cant find a similar way to do that.

I have read in some other threads that i can use the ACU. Well, i have one host connected to the switch using FC which is connected to its HBA card, under windows the host where able to detect a new device, but thats it. Under ACU i cant seem to detect any controllers except for the one on the server itself.

I have tried to boot from the ACU cd-rom, and i got the same result, only detecting the internal controller (server controller).

I have tried several ACU versions.

Can you please help, i need to get this up and running by this week.

Regards,
Ahmad
4 REPLIES 4
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSA1000

First find out which HBA you have and download the latest drives from HP.com support and drivers website. then bring up the acu again and see if you see the msa1000
Ahmad AlAbbadi

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
Actually the HBA drivers are ok,knowing that I have another storage (MSA2000) and I tried to assign a vdisk to the same host and it could successfully read it.

Do I still need to consider the drivers in this case?
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

The best way to sort this is with the CLI. The serial cable connects to the front of the controller on the MSA and you will need to check things like show connections, add connections etc. to ensure your HBA can talk to it. Serial cable 316131-001. The commands and help are pretty straightforward.

Dear Greybeard,

Thanks for the reply, I will try to arrange for one serial cable as you mentioned though I was hoping for an easier way to configure this since I don't the cable available now.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Ahmad