3099 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA1500 Maximal User access

Roger Biaesch
Occasional Advisor

MSA1500 Maximal User access

Hello,

we design to use a MSA1500 with a MS2003 Cluster (two DL380G5)with File- and Print-Services.

How many Normal-Users are recomanded to use this System as File and Print-Storage ?
5 REPLIES 5
Helmi_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

From my experiance, we are using msa1000 with 4 cluster server and 3 single server. Also running sql database. So far, no limit user are set. For each cluster server got almost 100 user access at same time.
goldboy
Trusted Contributor

Roger,
I think the question is more on the OS side.
how many users can log and use the server services in windos 2003 ?(you should refer to windows 2003 documentation).

Tal
"Life is what you make out of them!"
Roger Biaesch
Occasional Advisor

Our vendor have advised to use a EVA 4000 because the MSA would be to slow for our 600 User. He said, that a MSA is for 50-100 User the optimal System, not fo more Useres.

Wath are your experiences ?

goldboy
Trusted Contributor

The EVA4000 will make a large diffrence in size, speed and capablioties, But i still think the bottle neck will be the DL380 (600 users are a lot), you might be able to get around it using multiple 1G Lan interfaces and an network aggrigation software, max memory and max no. of processors.

Tal
"Life is what you make out of them!"
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Roger,

What are the access patterns. More read or writes. Is this just temp storage per user.

I'm more incline that ip will be the bottleneck before the MSA. If you are incline to add additional nics. Make sure the nic and FC HBA are not sharing the same PCI bus.