1753767 Members
5876 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2000 Cannot contact Web or CLI

Matt_HS
Occasional Advisor

MSA2000 Cannot contact Web or CLI

I've an SA MSA2000 which I'm unable to connect to.
Have read about default addresses being 10.0.0.2 and .3 but get no response from these.
I have a network in the service port.
DHCP hasn't issued any address either.
I have an AJ808A controller (one).
Also tried via CLI with hyper terminal but again nothing. All lights on the back.
Really struggling with lack of information anywhere.
Any ideas??!!
13 REPLIES 13
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

To the CLI - which bit rates etc did you use?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Disk-Array/How-to-connect-onto-the-MSA-2000-model-2012fc/m-p/4192647#M26990

For which ones should work.

The normal reference guide confirmst hat 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 is the right one.
The host you are trying to access them from, is that in 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0 subnet?

Links here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3758996

Has the addresses of the management port been changed maybe?

Lesley Persyn
Frequent Advisor

When you tried with CLI, it was connected with the special serial cable?

I have a similar issue i can't reach it anymore through ip. no telnet/webpage...
cli serial works.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, that's a good one - hope you kept the one that should have come with the MSA :)
Matt_HS
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I have used the provided cable and also been in the correct adddress range.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Has it ever worked?

Do you know if the machine you are connecting from can connect via serial to something else?

Have you tried to restart/reboot/reseat controller and see if anything happens via the serial interface?
Matt_HS
Occasional Advisor

Hi, no I have never connected, only now becoming pressing as looking to configure!
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Ok.

The lights on the back that are on - any error lights? Maybe you can try the controller in the other slot?

Have you contacted hp support?
Matt_HS
Occasional Advisor

No error lights.
Good shout about tring controller in the other slot.
I'mm in touch with HP, but so far just the basics already gleaned from forums and from googling the issue.
It now appears I have connected via Hyper terminal ans set network-paramterers as it states "Success: Command completed successfully - Network parameters were changed. However, I cannot ping the address I have set. I will try rebooting.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

How are you connecting to the MSA controller? By a laptop or through a switch? Maybe the problem is on one of them.