5320 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA2012i Multipath/iSCSI initiator problem on Win Srv2k8

Mikikiki
Frequent Advisor

MSA2012i Multipath/iSCSI initiator problem on Win Srv2k8

Dear All,
I have initialized MSA2010, with several vdiscs created and map to two nodes of Win2k8 failover cluster.
I am using MPIO which is built into windows.
When I tried to test if multipath is working. (shut down contr:A, or disconnect a cable which goes to contr:A). Disks which were mapped to the cluster nodes disappears.
If I go to iscsi initiator, disconnect the target and try to connect it again it is learning second path, and it works fine.
My question is, why this is not working automatically?
I tried to read about mpio and iscsi configuration but as I could read there is no much to configure there.
I am pretty sure that the problem is either in MPIO or iSCSI initiator which are both built in Win2k8, but cannot locate where exactly.
I will appreciate any help.
Thank you,
2 REPLIES 2
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA2012i Multipath/iSCSI initiator problem on Win Srv2k8

Hi,

did you enable the Multipath option under iSCSI Initiator? If not i am sure that it will help you to resolve the issue.

One More important thing is that removing the FC Cables from MSA Controller will not failover the LUN. The controller should be down to do a failover.
Mikikiki
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSA2012i Multipath/iSCSI initiator problem on Win Srv2k8

Hi,
We tried to enable multipath under iSCSI initiator, and we tried several times.
However, when we check the box, windows freezes for a while and when it finishes, it turns the check box unchecked.
There is no error, no message, nothing, it just clear multipath checkbox.
Best regards,