HPE EVA Storage

MSA2312SA with Hyper-V Server 2008 R2

Brad Sprague

MSA2312SA with Hyper-V Server 2008 R2

We have a DL380 G6 that is currently running Hyper-V Server 2008 R2. We would like attach a spare MSA2312SA that we have to this server and use it for SAN storage for the virtual instances. The problem is that our normal hardware guy is out of pocket for the next month or so and I don't have any experience getting a storage array up and running. Can someone here provide me with simple step by step instructions for getting this array installed and configured under Hyper-V Server 208 R2? The documentation that came with the array isn't really useful for this scenario and I haven't found anything useful via Google.
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA2312SA with Hyper-V Server 2008 R2

Hi!

More manuals for the MSA2312sa (msa2000sa g2)
can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodClassId=-1&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64180&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3971509

User Guide would help you configuring the array.

But you would have to create array, vdisk, add host and present the disk to the DL380 G6.
Do you have only one external SAS-port in the server? Then you wouldn't have to do much configuration OS wise.
Brad Sprague

Thanks for the link. This is pretty much the same documentation that came on the CD the came with the unit. I'll go through them again to see if I just missed someting but what I was really hoping for was something a little more specific to the Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 configuration. As I stated before, this is not my area of expertise so simple straightforward instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Okay, I couldn't find anything specific to the hyper-v and MSA2312sa. Maybe there are some best practices documents available for the hyper-v in general with HP storage arrays?