7417 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA2312i "Unable to remove the host(s)"

twilson_1
Occasional Advisor

MSA2312i "Unable to remove the host(s)"

Hi all,

We have a MSA2312i with a dual controller. After installing and setting up the unit, when experimenting with the device, we tried to add a W2K host before realizing it wasn't supported. Now that we are trying to roll out storage to production, when attempting to delete that host via the web interface, I get the message:

"Unable to remove the host(s). The specified host is discovered and can not be deleted. Disconnect the host, restart the Storage Controllers, and retry. - Host iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft:dftsql01.deerfield.local was discovered, so it cannot be deleted.
Remove host failed - some host(s) may have been removed."

I have restarted the 2312i several times and still cannot remove the host. There are no remnants of the storage software on the host. I deleted the detected drives from the 2312i on the host too. I've removed all drivers/software that we attempted to install related to HP and MS. I've removed all connections via iSCSI initiator and removed the iSCSI Initiator from the host itself. All to no avail.

I also have a Windows 2003 host that when attempting to remove it from the 2312i as a test, gives the same message.

Is there any way to remove this host?

Thanks.

--Tom Wilson
1 REPLY 1
twilson_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSA2312i "Unable to remove the host(s)"

I realized I was restarting the Management controller and not the Storage controller. DUH! Thanks all.