3773 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Maximum Vdisk size calculation

SOLVED
Go to solution
JimCM

Maximum Vdisk size calculation

I recently added a 50GB Vraid5 Vdisk to my storage group. After the Vdisk was added, I was reviewing the Capacity area in the General tab of the disk group. I noticed that the maximum Vraid0 and Vraid5 sizes didnтАЩt decrease at all while the maximum Vraid1 size decreased by 30GB. The total occupancy went up by 63GB which makes sense based on a 25% overhead for the 50GB Vraid5 disk. (right?)

Why didnтАЩt the maximum Vraid0 and Vraid5 sizes decrease at all while the Vraid1 maximum size went down by only 30GB after the addition of the 50GB Vraid5 disk?

Background information: EVA4100 with one disk group containing 16 300GB drives and 8 146.8GB drives set to single sparing.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Please also provide your controlelr software version.

How much available space you do have reported in vraid 0, vraid1 and vraid 5?

Because LUNs can't be larger than 2 TB, if your available space in the disk group is more than 2 TB, the display shows 2047,99 GB.

>>> The total occupancy went up by 63GB which makes sense based on a 25% overhead for the 50GB Vraid5 disk.

Yes.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
JimCM

I believe you've answered the question!

Vraid0 and Vraid5 are showing 2047GB as the maximum available Vdisk size. Vraid1 shows 1421GB as the maximum available Vdisk size.

My controller is running version 6220.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the forum, please also see:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?