7409 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Migrate EVA3000 to EVA 8400

Sentinel_2
Advisor

Migrate EVA3000 to EVA 8400

Hi All,
I have to migrate one cabinet EVA3000 to EVA 8400, I have an HPUX 11.23 attached to the EVA 3000 working with Secure Path (I have never worked with it).
I am in the first stage of the migration and I have disconnected one of the fc and connected to the new EVA, I can see the disks presented to the system but I cannot manage them through Secure Path.
I had to mirror the lvols using the device file and using PV links in the VG so the situation now is that the fc connected to EVA3000 is working with Securepath and the fc connected to EVA8400 is working with PVlinks.

Today, I will finish the migration and remove the fc connected to EVA3000, but i have a couple of questions, maybe some of you can help me.

is securepath working with EVA8400 or i have to use autopath or I should use PVlinks as it is now? How can I install autopath if it is the best approach?
Can i migrate from PVlinks to autopath?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Migrate EVA3000 to EVA 8400

The old "Secure Path for active/passive array" has to be replaced by "Secure Path for active/active arrays" (but technically it is just a new marketing name for AutoPath ;-)
Sentinel_2
Advisor

Re: Migrate EVA3000 to EVA 8400

Thanks Uwe,

Now VG├В┬┤s are configured with PVlinks, can I install the latest version of SecurePath (for Active/Active arrays) without disruption?