5570 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mirror required status with Storage Mirroring

JoseMi Latorre Valen
Occasional Advisor

Mirror required status with Storage Mirroring

Hi

We have an installation of HP Storage Mirroring 4.5.0.1653.2 version. We have some Replication Sets enabled but one of them has the "Target Data State" as "Mirror Required" for ever.

Even if we empty the destination and the mirror finish again, the status of "Mirror Required" appears, but the "Replication Set" status is with their green check mark as if it was correct.

Is there a cosmetic issue or may be it a serious problem? How can we clear this error?

Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Hi Valem,

I am not clear Ur question, could U pls inform me Ur system H/W, OS & Storage model. Then I will help U.

Thanks--Yaqub
HP Support!!!
JoseMi Latorre Valen
Occasional Advisor

This is the additional information requested:

Part Number: AE452A
H/W: DL380 Storage Server SAN

HP Storage Mirroring: 4.5.0.1653.2

And I attach two ".jpg" into one zip file, one showing the Mirror Status, and the other showing an error from the Event Viewer if it is appliable to clarify the error.

Thank you again!
atr
Occasional Advisor

I have exactly the same problem.
We have a Windows 2003 SP1 Server with Storage Mirroring 4.5.0.1653.2.S. We have different server with no problems, but 2 have always the target data state "mirror required". What can we do?

Thanks for the reply.
Jason.Wilkening
Advisor

I have seen this issue as well. I have a question:

Are you using a seperate replication set because you want it to replicate during a different time?

If that is the reason then it appears that you will not get it to work. From what I can see setting the time window for replication is like setting it for the server to server communication and not setting it for each individual repication set. Once you create two replication sets each with different time windows it either breaks one or the other or both replication sets.

To test remove one replication set and make sure the other is working fine. then remove that replication set and make sure the other one is working fine. But both will not work together.

I wonder if this is/was changed in v5 of the software as it would make sense that people would want multiple replication sets to replicate during different times.
Brandon Mixon

Has anyone figured out how to solve this? HP technical support won't event return our call.
RedMadison
Occasional Visitor

I have the same issue... but I have the 5.2.2.2 storage Mirroring version with Full server failover option, the mirror completes because I monitored from the Replication Management Console, but when reached to 100% it change the Target data status to "Mirror Required" but on the Status it appears IDLE.

I have done all the troubleshooting for these issue that I know, start a re-mirror, run a verify, delete the replication set and create all over again, restart the target server and restart the storage mirroring service on the source.

and the same message appears when complete the mirror.

Any others ideas?

habib_lalji
Visitor

i am facing the same issue...it seems HP feels we are missing on something...

Muhammad Farhan Nasir
Regular Advisor

we have same problem. "Mirror Reguired" , when mirror start it's came to normal till 0.3 % after it's give   "Mirror Reguired" error remain.

have any one find the solution :(

Muhammad Farhan Nasir