1753835 Members
7060 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Missing WWN on new EVA

crlogic

Missing WWN on new EVA

Hi

I have begun receiving a non-factory integrated EVA 6400. This is my first experience with an EVA. Unfortunately the WWN and checksum went missing upon receiving and I cannot complete the startup procedure. Right now I only have the HSV400 controllers and some drive enclosures w/ drives, no switches yet. I have a management server running Win2k3 R2 SP2 setup using Direct Connect and CV 9.1 installed. Phone tech support can't seem to help, email support said this, "1) Hook up the EVA to the switch and log into EVA operating system.

2) The WWA's are built into the management Controller. So they can access the management controller as well to get that information.
"
Neither seemed very helpful.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

crlogic
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The reseller or sales representative taking your order should have provided you the WWN for the EVA. The licenses are dependent on this WWN, without it you cannot initialize the EVA or use it.

The new EVAx400 do not use internal swithes, the enclosures are daisy-chained, up to 9 per loop.

The EVAs do not come intialized from factory, the WWN is not stored on the management module. It's stored on the metadata on the disks once the EVA is initialized.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Well, getting the WWID is the easy part. It's the checksum that might give you an issue.

First off, you did not get a box with documents in it? for the EVA? In that zip bag should be a sheet with the needed information on 3 stickers.

Typically the stickers are attached to the rack next to the front and rear of the EVA Controllers. In this case, it sounds like you may not even has the units pre-racked.

So, until you plug in the WWID and checksum, yo ucan not even "see" the EVA via hba OR SAN Switch. It just won;t "login".

Your sales person should be able to get you the WWID for the EVA from your suport rep, assuming you bought HP Support for the EVA. Once you have the ID, they shold be able ro "figure out" the checksum.

the bag I am referring to should have a small packet of documents in it like Release notes, etc. You lost this bag some how?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
crlogic

Thanks for the info and replies everyone. My sales rep doesn't seem particularly informative with regards to the situation. I wanted to confirm things before I pushed too hard. I will chase down the WWN w/ them.

v/r

crlogic
crlogic

Steve - you would have assumed I would get the little bag w/ the information. Unfortunately a dozen hands went through the boxes before I did and that information went missing :(