HPE EVA Storage
1748024 Members
4141 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Move entire virtual disk folder - possible?

Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Move entire virtual disk folder - possible?

Hi all,

In CV EVA we've got a whole load of folders that were created by a previous storage guy - unfortunately the structure pretty much sucks.

I want to move them around but don't really want to have to move each individual vdisk to a new folder manually.

Can I move an entire vdisk folder into another folder? If so, how?

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Chris, the folder arrangement in CV is totally for your "admin" purposes. You can move them around. Click on the LUN and you will see a MOVE button on the right. Just follow the prompts.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Just to clarify, you can move the LUNs, but not the folders.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

And you can also move HOSTS but not the host folders.
Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Marcus - I know that though.

What I was asking is if it's possible to move an ENTIRE folder to another folder. For example, I've got this folder:

\Virtual Disks\Exchange

That folder contains ~20 vdisks and I want to move the 'Exchange' folder to:

\Virtual Disks\Applications

I know I can do this individually per vdisk using the Move button but I don't want to have to move each vdisk 1 at a time ... I want to move the the whole 'Exchange' folder AND all the vdisks that are currently in it to \Virtual Disks\Applications. :)
Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Haha we answered at the same time.

Thanks for clarifying - I was hoping I might be able to do it using SSSU but I can't.

Oh well.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Maybe someone from the StorageWorks group is watching and might put it in the next release. :-)
Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

It's something I've wanted since before CV 9.0 so I doubt it. We can hope though! :)
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

I'm looking at the CommandView 9.2 SSSU manual. You are going to need a combination of "ADD FOLDER" and "MOVE VDISK" / "MOVE HOST" commands. Perhaps something with Perl to read a Capture Config file and massage the vdisk strings?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Yeah a combination of those commands would work just fine. I was looking for a "MOVE FOLDER" command though.

Move vdisk is what I've already ended up doing.