4926 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multipath support Windows 2003

JorisK
Regular Advisor

Multipath support Windows 2003

Hi everyone,

We have some troubles with multipathing in our backup enviourment.

When i view some hardware inventory properties on our backup server which has two FC connections to the SAN i can see the device which is called "Multi-path Driver".

When viewing the properties of this driver, it says it dates from begin 2007 and manufactor Microsoft. I know there is an 2009 version of this driver.

Can i update this Microsoft driver somewhere? I have been looking on the internet but can't find it.

Best Regards,
Joris
9 REPLIES 9
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Joris,

What multipathing software you need to use will depend on the SAN that you're connected to.

Without details of that, it's difficult to know what package you'll need to load...

Cheers,

Rob
JorisK
Regular Advisor

It's an HP EVA 4400, it has the DSM drivers installed (version 3.00)
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Latest Windows MPIO for EVA can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=421494тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492
JorisK
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

I know i currently have MPIO DSM 3.00 installed on our server but doesn't this package just contain the Device Specific Module instead of the Microsoft Multi-path Support driver?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Perhaps this differs between if you have the MPIO for EVA/MSA, which one are you using this for?
JorisK
Regular Advisor

I currently have the MPIO DSM drivers installed for EVA4x00 6x00 etc. etc. The proper DSM MPIO driver. Still... the Microsoft Multi-path Support driver is from 2007...
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The DSM installer includes a copy of the Microsoft MPIO framework and installs/upgrades it if necessary. You will see this if you watch the installation carefully.
JorisK
Regular Advisor

Thanks, can i simply install the 3.03 DSM MPIO driver with the EVA4400 attached to it without causing trouble?

The hardware is located 90KM far away and i don't feel like driving 90KMs right now ;)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I've done a number of upgrades and never had a problem so far.