5239 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: My loop switch Hang

shafeygad
Advisor

My loop switch Hang

Dear all

I have EVA8000 With dual loop switch my problem at loop switch every day connection down and i have to restart that loop switch every day to fix that problem

Plz help
4 REPLIES 4
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What is the status of LEDs on Switch. If all are AMBER then it could be a bypass condition and this can be because of any Copper Cable connected from the Enclosures to that Loop switch.(we had a bad experience that we replaced around 4 Switches and Switch is going down for every 10 days and restarting switch solves the issue temporarily)

Else it could be the issue of that switch also which needs to replace.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Another thing to check:
What firmware are you running? Not the latest?
There are some fixes for the loop switches in the firmware.
shafeygad
Advisor

Sivaramakrishna@ Dear
How to make sure that a copper cable case that problem How to check

Johan Guldmyr @ Dear

HP installed that switch since 2007 and till now we did make any updates
Ho to update the firmware and from where to download the last update

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

about the firmware.

See this page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=470490

and the release notes.

Go here to download the firmware:

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=T4256-63136

Beware that you may have to upgrade Command View as well in case you have an old version. See the compatibility reference document in the first link.

Also it might not be a good idea to upgrade firmware when you are having these back-end loop issues.

If possible I would try to get some help from HP Support in going through the logs, maybe the loop switch can be replaced and that solves your problems.