1753524 Members
5049 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Names in CommandView EVA 9.0.1 are wrong

Mark Smithers
Regular Advisor

Names in CommandView EVA 9.0.1 are wrong

I'm seeing something which looks rather broken.

To start with, I had RSM 5.0 and CV 9.0.0. I upgraded my CV to 9.0.1 but RSM could no longer see CV as the SMI-s was broken. To fix this, I uninstalled RSM followed by CV 9.0.1

I then installed CV 9.0.1 followed by RSM 5.0. All seemed to complete with out errors and RSM 5.0 now sees the CV server.

I then went into CV and most of my Vdisks are no longer called the original name, but have names like "Temporary Name: Virtual Disk 009", the folders have been renamed as well as the Hosts and drive names (they are no longer like Disk019).

I tried to remove and re install CV and RSM in case of of an error when installing, but I see the same thing.
Also, when I use another CV server (they are part of a CA pair) that also shows me the same broken names.

Has anybody any ideas??

Cheers

Mark

P.S. Forgot to mention this is on EVA6100 running 6.200 code
5 REPLIES 5
McCready
Valued Contributor

If you can get SSSU working, I would try to run that to see what it sees, which may shed some light.

Is this array already in production? If so, did any of the drive presentations change? Are they still accessible to the host?

Good luck - I'm trusting RSM less and less every day.
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
Mark Smithers
Regular Advisor

I have found out that while I was doing the remove/install of CV that a system was running a SSSU script doing some business copy work with presentations etc. I'm assuming that this has caused the issue but I need this confirmed before I embark on a mass renaming session.
McCready
Valued Contributor

If you do have to do mass Vdisk renaming, you'll find SSSU helpful - I've used concatination in Excel to produce SSSU text strings when looking to do a number of operations in a single session on EVA disks.

Once you have excel output the desired SSSU command string in an excel, just cut and paste it into a text file, and then modify that as needed to turn it into an SSSU script.
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
yifei.wang

Pls connect hp technical support ,You need a special tool to solve the problem
BauIT
Occasional Collector

We had same problem on HP EVA CV 10.1 P6000

ONLY LUNS name gone wrong, please help, what that special tool that help fix this?