New Discussion юеВ

Re: Not logged into fabric on controller Eva8k and Brocade 4/16

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dmitryi Anosov
Frequent Advisor

Not logged into fabric on controller Eva8k and Brocade 4/16

Hi everyone!
My issue : I have Eva8000 (controller A,controller B), two HP storage works 4/16 san switch (switch A,switch B), rx6600, proliant with Eva Command View for example.
Connections on this hardware:
rx6600 - switch A
rx6600 - switch B
switch A -controller A
switch A -controller B
switch B -controller A
switch B -controller B
proliant - switch A
Our engineers rower off switch A. After it stand up I not see switch A in Eva CV. I do new connection :
proliant - switch B and on CV I see on controllers (A and B) in connections on switch A in "Host Ports" on port Connection state: "Not logged into fabric".

Condition of switch A is healthy, but ports of controllers A,B as U-Port instead of F-Port. Also on Controller A and B FP1(port) led light off.

Some idea?

22 REPLIES 22
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

What i understood is U port means its not yet initialised.

So what is the status of the ports where servers are connected ? are they logged in ? if so swap that ports with EVA ports. This will help to isolate any issue with cable/switch port/sfp.

Also ensure that EVA ports are configured as fabric (in OCP , host port configuration).

Regards,
Dileep

Dmitryi Anosov
Frequent Advisor

Hi,Dileep.
>>What i understood is U port means its not >>yet initialised.

I wrote : Also on Controller A and B FP1(port) led light off. I think , this is reason of U-Port status on switch. But what this FP on two controllers together, I think ,not cable.
Status of server connction port is F-Port(I think, server is logined).

On EVA CV on all port topology:Fabric.

>> if so swap that ports with EVA ports
This I doesn't understand,what you mean

Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Dmitryi for testing purpose make sure no ZONING is turned on. If you still cannot see the switch, check to make sure fibre cable is plugged in correctly. Some fibre cable ends can be moved, some are fixed.
Dmitryi Anosov
Frequent Advisor

Dmitryi for testing purpose make sure no ZONING is turned on. If you still cannot see the switch, check to make sure fibre cable is plugged in correctly. Some fibre cable ends can be moved, some are fixed.

Hi Marcus.
I try to see ZONING. I forgot to say about important think : also in switch connected Blade. On CV on controller will wrote only one WWN. And aso fact: when proliant was connected to switch A I doesn't see Eva. Then I connect proliant to switch B Eva was accessible. So ,I think that problem in switch A. But I cannot see problem on switch.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Ok you are right problem in switch A. Make sure ZONING is OFF on switch A and that both controllers on EVA8000 are up and connection lights at back of controllers are GREEN.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Also reboot switch A. Just to make sure it is ok.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Then make sure four (4) cables from EVA8000 go to switch A and four (4) go to switch B. If you need more connection info let me know.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

You wrote "...Also on Controller A and B FP1(port) led light off...."

If you can, power down the EVA, restart and see if the port lights come on.
Vishal_mcse
Occasional Advisor

Hi, If switch B shows the controller port logged in correctly, I mean as F-port, then try reseating the fc cable from switch A end & then from controller A & B one by one. If remaining devices connected to switch A are working & logged in as F-port, then reseating of the cable may fix the issue.