7693 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Not logged into fabric

Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

Not logged into fabric

Hi Friends

I have an EVA4100 and LUNs were presented to windows servers. Suddenly one server got hang and after reboot the server one LUN that presented to that server didn't appear.
Finally I get it back after un present & present same LUN to the server.

I check the EVA from command view and couldn't find warning. But in the Controller A's host port connection status: Not logged into fabric
Oparation status : Ok

What is the meaning of the "Not logged into fabric" and where can be the issue?

Thanks
Dhananjaya
8 REPLIES 8
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Re: Not logged into fabric

"Not logged into fabric"

This means that the controller is not logged into the Fabric Switch.

Regards
Sunny
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

FLOGI Process did not happen for the controller...
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Fabric login is part of link intialization and happens after you connect a device into a switch. For some reason this did not happen for the controller. Apparently after re-presenting the LUNs the FLOGI did complete.

J.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

check in the logs on your switch(es) they may give more detail.

hth

Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

Yeah Mark's right..

You can also do a reseat of the FC cable at the Switch & EVA controller end if you can bare a downtime...

Regards,
Sunny
shIVinator.
Valued Contributor

Unless someone was monkeying around with the cabling I would not suspect a bad cable, it would more likely be a bad SFP.

One way to figure it out is to telnet to the SAN switch (I am assuming Brocade) and type the command *porterrshow*. If there is more that 10% of the *enc out* errors than the total of the *rx + tx* then that would be a cable. If there are a bunch of *crc err* then that will point to a failed SFP.

Two things you could do quickly would be to:
1. From the telnet session disable and re-enable the port. *portdisable #* then *portenable #*
2. If you are using WWN zoning then move the cable to an open port with a populated SFP. If you are using Port zoning then swap the SFP with a known good one.

Duane
Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

Hi Friends

I can able to fix this issue after replace the cable.

Thanks u guys.
Dhananjaya
Morn├й

Hi,

In my case, disabling and then enabling the fc port for the controller on the MDS9134 via Device Manager made the controller on the EVA6000 log in.

I'm sure removing the cable and plugging it in again will have the same effect.

Regards,
MvH