5184 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P2000 G3 SAS with VMware 4.0 cluster

P2000 G3 SAS with VMware 4.0 cluster

Dear Colleagues,
Could you clarify one point
We bought P2000 G3 SAS with 2x DL380 G7
Each server has 2xHP Modular Smart Array SC08e 2-ports Ext PCIe x8 SAS Host Bus Adapter (614988-B21)
After assembling and installing whole infrastructure we found that on VMWare cluster nodes I can see that on first HBA I can see all disks and enclosure. On second one only enclosure. We made reboot of controllers and saw that failover was happening. But usually on previous generation we saw disks on both HBAs.
Is it feature or bug. I have to push in production this hardware. So can I think that this is ok for G3 system?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

I have seen on iSCSI and FC based storage all the LUN information are shown with all the HBA's available on the host does not matter which version of ESX it is, I would suggest to check the cabling for the second HBA before you get the hosts to production or reach the HP storage support team to confirm on the cabling and configuration done
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Yes, I've checked as well all FC and even G2 SAS MSA. All LUNs were visible in two ways.
But this is P2000 G3
As well, when I rebooted controllers one by one, failover happened and systems were not affected. But we had big latency during this time (5 sec)
sandeep tomar

I was hoping somebody could confirm that the p2000 G3 SAS MSA with two ESXi hosts directly connected over a SAS connection would support vmware vmotion, HA and DRS? I'm looking for a small isolated virtual environment and I was hoping I could use the p2000 G3 SAS MSA SFF with two dl380 g7 servers running ESXi and managed by vcenter. I'd only want to go with this setup if vmotion, HA and DRS are going to work? I know that I could go with the ISCSI solution but I like the idea of SAS. If it works. I checked the spock and it is listed but I just want to make sure.

Thanks,

Gosso

Hello

I'm in the case (p2000G3 sas + dl380g7),
so I would like to know if someone has make this config, and if it's ok with vmotion.
I must take a final decision quickly, so if someone has make and put this config in production, please could write an anwser.

thanks
regards