HPE EVA Storage

PSQL: Connection Refused - Cisco Fabric Manager v 4.2.7b (standalone)

Unmesh Patil

PSQL: Connection Refused - Cisco Fabric Manager v 4.2.7b (standalone)

Greetings!!! This is my first thread, so please pardon me if I miss out on something.
My Cisco Fabric Manager (CFM) v 4.2.7b standalone installation keeps on crashing after every few days with the error "PSQL: Connection Refused", and every time I need to re-install CFM to rectify the error. Once re-installed, I have to re-discover the fabrics, and it works fine for a few days before crashing again. This is getting really frustrating now.
The exact error message is shown in the attached screenshot. Any help/advice in fixing this will be appreciated. Thanks!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: PSQL: Connection Refused - Cisco Fabric Manager v 4.2.7b (standalone)

psql is postgresql.

With that error it looks like something is happening to the database because CFM cannot contact it.

Do you have another instance of psql running?
Maybe for some reason the psql service has stopped on your server? Maybe when it stops, just restarting (from windows services) it will get CFM working again?

Also if it do stops or something you should be able to see some details about this in the logs for psql or in windows event viewer.

Is your OS / CFM up to date?

Unmesh Patil

Thanks for your response!!!
There is no other instance of PSQL running on the machine. However, we have Oracle d/b also installed on the same machine. I am not sure if that might cause any issues.
PQSL is v8.2. CFM is v4.2.7b, I have now installed v4.2.7d, which is the latest in release v4.2. Will try restarting the services, if it happens again. Thanks again :-)
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I hope it improves.

Please post back here how things goes, would be interesting to hear!