HPE EVA Storage

PostGreSQLException at the start of a job in RSM 5.1

Habich
Occasional Advisor

PostGreSQLException at the start of a job in RSM 5.1

When I try to start a job in RSM I received the error message:

2010-06-21 09:08:57,843 FATAL [JobRemoteImpl] [daily snapclone from dvca-1]
JobExecutionEngine#executeJobSpecification; nested exception is:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp: "2010-06-21 09:08:57 MESZ"
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp: "2010-06-21 09:08:57 MESZ"
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.nss.replication.jobengine.JobInstanceHelper.createNewJobInstanceRecord(JobInstanceHelper.java:159)
at com.hp.nss.replication.jobengine.JobExecutionEngineImpl.executeJobSpecification(JobExecutionEngineImpl.java:2313)
at com.hp.nss.replication.jobengine.JobManagerImpl.executeJob(JobManagerImpl.java:701)
at com.hp.nss.replication.jobengine.JobManagerImpl.executeJobDescription(JobManagerImpl.java:714)
at com.hp.nss.replication.server.ReplicationServerImpl.executeJobDescription(ReplicationServerImpl.java:705)
at com.hp.nss.replication.dbaccess.server.JobRemoteImpl.executeJobDescription(JobRemoteImpl.java:1693)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

My system constellation is as follows:

CV Version : 9.02.00.000115
RSM Version: 5.1.70

Could someone help me please with this issue?
2 REPLIES 2
Infrastrukturteam

Re: PostGreSQLException at the start of a job in RSM 5.1

Hello,

we had the same Problem after updating to RSM 5.1.70.

org.postgresl.util.PSQLException:ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp: "2010-07-06 09:10:57 MESZ"

After I was reading a lot of Postgresql manuals, I figured out how the postgresql 8.3 insallation is working with timezones etc...

The timezonesets that are valid are stored in the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.3\share\timezonesets\

If nothing else is configured in the postgresql.conf, the "Default" file is used.

As I was checking the "Default" file, I was recognizing that "MESZ"(Mitteleuropaeische Sommerzeit) was not listed under "EUROPE". That is quiet strange, because MEZ (Mitteleuropaeische Zeit) is listed! And also "MEST" (Middle Europe Summer Time) is also listed... I don't know why MESZ isn't but I thougt lets give it a try and edit the file. I added the following row:

MESZ 7200 D # Mitteleuropaeische Sommerzeit (German) (not in zic)

After that I restarted the RSM Services and everythin is workin fine now.

I'm not saying this is a supported solution for that problem, I just say it works for us.
I'm not a postgresql or hp engineer so please use this information on your own risk.

Under the follwoing link you find the porstgresql manual, have a look under Appendix B.

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/8.3/postgresql-8.3-A4.pdf

hth

BR
Walter Gschwendtner
Occasional Contributor

Re: PostGreSQLException at the start of a job in RSM 5.1

I had the same problem when switching to daylight saving time in March 2011.
The solution (adding MESZ) solved the problem.
Thank you very much.
Walter