1752492 Members
5648 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Presenting Vdisk to a host

ROSS HANSON
Regular Advisor

Presenting Vdisk to a host

I have StorageWork EVA 9.1 CommandView and I am trying to understand how you "present" vdisks to a host.
Is there something else I am suppose to do after creating the vdisk in CommandView?
Ross Hanson
10 REPLIES 10
ROSS HANSON
Regular Advisor

I forgot to mention I am trying to present the vdisk to a blade server running HP UX 11.31

Thanks
Ross Hanson
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

First you need to set up the HOST and then Present the LUN to the host.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

There should be a doc CD from the EVA Installation kit that will take you through the process.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Also the SAN Design Guide is a wealth of knowledge.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=115&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=470490

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Marcus,
can you please refrain from writing lots of single-sentence responses in a row? It's OK if somebody forgets a point and adds it occasionally, but I think regular three or more posts is too much.
Thank you.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Sorry if I offend you, Uwe. You wont have to worry about me again. I am leaving the ITRC. Obviously not a friendly place. Auf Wiedersehn!
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Ross, sorry for this post but I just need to get a message to Uwe. If you feel my posts are not welcome please let me know.

Uwe, with all due respect. I wont be leaving, because I feel that knowledge can be given in a word, in a sentence, in a paragraph, in a URL, in an attached document, in numerous ways. Not sure why you feel that your rules apply to us here, but until I have "broken some code of conduct" I will provide answers to the best of my ability as long as the recipients appreciate them.
ROSS HANSON
Regular Advisor

Marus,
I have look at the link you sent and I am unable to find the information I need.
Am I asking the wrong question?

Do I need to setup a zone? If so, I can do this but how do I "Preset" my EVA4400 to my Blade Server?
Ross Hanson
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Hi Ross... yes everything should be zoned. Here is the URL for the Command View documentation. I would also suggest that you look at the SAN Design Guide as it will discuss zoning. Is this your first EVA?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=471497