HPE EVA Storage

Problem with msa2012fc and windows 2008

Nicolas Nicolau

Problem with msa2012fc and windows 2008

Hello.

I have 2 MSA2012FC in diferent cities. And I have 3 Vmware ESX conected to this SAN.

Now i need connect 2 windows 2008 to the SAN, I need install a hp mirroring service, but i need view the lum in the machine (in my pc).

I have installed, drivers, storage manager for sun, and VDS. I view the lum in the storage manager, but I donw view the units in My PC, and the software need it.

Any idea??

Thx in advanced, and mery christmas. Sorry my bad english.

Best regards.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with msa2012fc and windows 2008

Nicolas,

you need to use the disk management and write a signature to the disk. Then create a partition table, assign a drive letter and create the NTFS file system.
Nicolas Nicolau

Thx Uwe.

I try too use the partition manager of windows, but I don´t find any lum or volumen of the msa2012fc, I enter in the web manager of the msa2012fc, and permit write and read to the to the fiber card of windows server. In the partition manager of windows I dont view the lum or the volumens, I have created for the Vmware ESX.

Any idea?

Thx in advaced and mery christmas for everybody.
MARK SMYTH

We have the latest vds hardware drivers (2.5.1) along with CAPI Proxy 2.5.0. We can see the hardware driver is detected with DISKRAID from a command prompt on the server but cannot see any LUN's using DISKRAID or 'Storage Manager for SANs' Feature'.

Both of these need to see the disk subsystem which should automtaically propergate but we cannot get this to work.

The LUN's created on the SAN are available through the Disk Management tool in windows and we can run VM's off them etc, it is just we need the vds provider stuff to work to allow SAN transfer of Virtual Machines