1754021 Members
6904 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Question about SWCC and HSG80

Dave Johnson_1
Super Advisor

Question about SWCC and HSG80

When we purchased another company a couple years ago, I inherited a Compaq HSG80 disk array. Somewhere along the line someone decommissioned the server that ran SWCC. I now would like to get this up and running, but have hit a snag. I was able to install the agent and client on a server. I am able to talk to the array using the CLI (ver 2.5.0.36) over TCP. I am not able to talk to it with StorageWorks CC HSG80 (ver 2.1.0.28) or StorageWorks Command Console (ver 2.2.0.213).
When I try SWCC I am able to enter the host running the agent, which brings up the sub system, but both icons are gray outlines and I go no additional information when I click on the subsystem. When I try SECC HSG80, I enter the host name, click Detect Subsystems, but it does not populate the Subsystem name drop down and I cannot type in the box so I do not get any further that this.
I have tried this directly on the host running the agent as well as another server after changing the config to allow the remote host to talk to the agent.
I have tried to follow the documentation on this, but the troublshooting section is not much help as it assumes you get past this problem.
What am I missing?
FYI: This is installed at a remote data center and I am using RDP to get to servers local to the array, if that matters at all.
Thanks in advance,
-Dave
2 REPLIES 2
Dave Johnson_1
Super Advisor

I forgot to mention the agent and client are installed on Windows 2003 R2 servers.
Dave Johnson_1
Super Advisor

Never mind, I did not install the right storage window software for my system. Once I did get the right one, I am able to get the GUI for my array displayed.