HPE EVA Storage

RAID 1+0 HDD Fails in msa2000fc

SOLVED
Go to solution
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

RAID 1+0 HDD Fails in msa2000fc

We have one MSA 2000FC installed with 1 DL 580 G5 Server (RHEL 5) directly connected through fiber channel, we have 10 x 146 GB SAS hdd installed with Raid1+0 on it. three hdd gone faulty and have to be replaced. Will you please guide me the procedure how to replace the faulty hdd.

Regards,
MRL
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: RAID 1+0 HDD Fails in msa2000fc

To replace a hard drive in an MSA2000 you assign it as a spare in the volume where you want to replace it.

See here for a little more detail:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Disk-Array/MSA-2000-SA-Drive-Replacement/m-p/4509318#M32893

MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the response, i will try it and let you know, however i have a question that shouldnt this be automated, as i have seen it in every storage system.
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Yes Muhammad, In MSA2K when a disk drive gets failed it picks up the spare disk if available and rebuild the data.

And when you replace the faulty disk it doesn't come back as data disk. You need to assign it to as spare disk. Which means your spare disk location is changed to new slot now.

Hope you got it :)

BK
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

now as per suggestion we have included HDD'S in global spare and now the Storage is in normal condition.
Thanks for your support