HPE EVA Storage
1752672 Members
6188 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: RHEL 5.7 and P2000 G3 FC multipath configuration ?

Jka

RHEL 5.7 and P2000 G3 FC multipath configuration ?

Has anyone managed to configure up a RHEL 5.7 system (HP DL360) with the HP Storageworks 8/20q and  P2000 G3 FC ?

The setup was meshed to provide a completely resilent configuration, two cables from the DL360 into each 8/20q , two cables from each 8/20q going to altenate controllers in the P2000 G3 FC .

It seems that HP's multipath isn't supported after RHEL 5.4 (last HP release was 4..4.1 ), and that Native DM Multipath is the way to go. So I've configured up my native multipath but I have a number of issues:

1) Can only seem to have Port 1 of the Qlogic card on the DL360 plugged in - both ports connected often result in occasional hangs on the multipath commands, solution: take out cable from Port 2 on the DL360 - Not ideal - but gets me going.

2) On the 8/20q Switch - If I pull out a cable to P2000 while doing a file transfer I can see that the path  is then switched from A cable to the B cable. As expected, but if I re-plug the A cable then pull B cable. There is no failback.

It seems like this is a redhat mutlipath issue, but if anyone has got the P2000 G3 FC working in a RHEL 5.x configuration I'd be interested to know.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
pankaj_hcl45

Re: RHEL 5.7 and P2000 G3 FC multipath configuration ?

hi,

if it is 5.7 then u have to follow the below mention lines one by one.

1. Edit the /etc/multipath.conf file by commenting out the following lines at the top of the file. This section of the configuration file, in its initial state, blacklists all devices. You must comment it out to enable multipathing.
  2. blacklist {
  3.         devnode "*"
  4. }

After commenting out those lines, this section appears as follows.

# blacklist {

#        devnode "*"

# }

save the file and come out

now

1. modprobe dm-multipath
  2. service multipathd start
  3. multipath -v2

service multipathd restart

chkconfig multipathd on

now restart the server

@Jka wrote:

Has anyone managed to configure up a RHEL 5.7 system (HP DL360) with the HP Storageworks 8/20q and  P2000 G3 FC ?

The setup was meshed to provide a completely resilent configuration, two cables from the DL360 into each 8/20q , two cables from each 8/20q going to altenate controllers in the P2000 G3 FC .

It seems that HP's multipath isn't supported after RHEL 5.4 (last HP release was 4..4.1 ), and that Native DM Multipath is the way to go. So I've configured up my native multipath but I have a number of issues:

1) Can only seem to have Port 1 of the Qlogic card on the DL360 plugged in - both ports connected often result in occasional hangs on the multipath commands, solution: take out cable from Port 2 on the DL360 - Not ideal - but gets me going.

2) On the 8/20q Switch - If I pull out a cable to P2000 while doing a file transfer I can see that the path  is then switched from A cable to the B cable. As expected, but if I re-plug the A cable then pull B cable. There is no failback.

It seems like this is a redhat mutlipath issue, but if anyone has got the P2000 G3 FC working in a RHEL 5.x configuration I'd be interested to know.

Thanks in advance