1752600 Members
5126 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RSM 5.2 and Linux Multipath

iyad
Occasional Contributor

RSM 5.2 and Linux Multipath

I have a linux server with 5 volumes , on EVA4400. I'm using Multipath on the Linux server (linux version 5.5 ) I have changed the default device names from /dev/mapper/mpath0 , /dev/mapper/mpath1 , etc to differnt names using Linux manuals.
Currently , I'm trying to create a script using the RSM 5.2 to create snapshots of these volumes and mount them on a differnt server.
The script fails , while trying to mount the new volumes after discovering them on the mount host. the error message says error while mounting volume "parm1=/dev/mapper/redo1" this is the name of the original disk on the source server , I have checked the /dev/mapper on the mount host and i can see that the volumes are listed as /dev/mapper/mpath0,1,2,3,4 , but the script is trying to locate them using the name that I use in the source server.
in the source server the /dev/mapper containes the folloing names : redo1, redo2 ,oradata1 ,oradata2 ,orarch.
Since RSM supports multipath , please inform me how create a snap and mount is on another server.
2 REPLIES 2
iyad
Occasional Contributor

Re: RSM 5.2 and Linux Multipath

@iyad wrote:
I have a linux server with 5 volumes , on EVA4400. I'm using Multipath on the Linux server (linux version 5.5 ) I have changed the default device names from /dev/mapper/mpath0 , /dev/mapper/mpath1 , etc to differnt names using Linux manuals.
Currently , I'm trying to create a script using the RSM 5.2 to create snapshots of these volumes and mount them on a differnt server.
The script fails , while trying to mount the new volumes after discovering them on the mount host. the error message says error while mounting volume "parm1=/dev/mapper/redo1" this is the name of the original disk on the source server , I have checked the /dev/mapper on the mount host and i can see that the volumes are listed as /dev/mapper/mpath0,1,2,3,4 , but the script is trying to locate them using the name that I use in the source server.
in the source server the /dev/mapper containes the folloing names : redo1, redo2 ,oradata1 ,oradata2 ,orarch.
Since RSM supports multipath , please inform me how create a snap and mount is on another server.

Guys , HP experts , I'm still facing this issue , please help. can anybody help please..

iyad
Occasional Contributor

Re: RSM 5.2 and Linux Multipath

I upgrasesto RSM 5.3 still facing the problem..