HPE EVA Storage

Re: Exchange VSS integration

mohannad
Frequent Advisor

Re: Exchange VSS integration

Hello,

Sorry to drop in on your post but i appreciate if you can help me with my queries

My Questions are bit basic and I don't have experience with VSS I am basically a disk storage and SAN guy and not really involved in the backup or Microsoft buti have been asked to review the VSS provider in order to implement, so we have an EVA 4800 and planning to implement HP Eva VSS hardware provider and integrate it with DPM 2010 for a hyper-v environment that we have... I already have my disk groups configured and data available and also BC licensed, I went through the manual but basically the manual says just install and connect and let the DPM guys do there job; my  questions are :

1- what are the steps i need to do from the storage side , so do i need to configure any snapshots and present them to the host for this to work ??

2- do I need the VDS component for this to work?

3- during the configuration im required to specify a snap type: mirror-clone, fully allocated, demand allocated ... etc , which type would be better for me?

as you can see im out of my area here ...any help on the issue from some one who has the experience is highly appreciated.