HPE EVA Storage
1748180 Members
4307 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Real time replication in SAN Storage.

Aravind_nithila
Occasional Contributor

Real time replication in SAN Storage.

hi,

We have our HP EVA 4400 SAN Storage in both Primary and at DR(standby) site which are at different locations.

Some of the user uploaded datas like pdf, forms, attachments, certificates etc are stored in Primary SAN storage.

Through SAN Replication at every one hr interval we are copying the datas from Primary SAN to Standby SAN.

I like to knw wheather i can copy these datas to Standby SAN storage in real time?

for eg: whenever user uploaded any forms or attachments in Primary SAN storage it should replicate to standby SAN storage at the sametime.

Thanks in Advance
Aravind
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, yeah it is possible to do in real time - synchronous and not-real-time - asynchronous.

For the EVA the product is called Continuous Access and you will need a standalone CV server to be able to use it.

What are you using now for the replication?
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Based on your query, there are 2 options.

1. Low cost solution
Insted of having EVA replication, with the use of WAN connectivity between Primary and Standy sites, you can use HP Storage Works Storage Mirrroring is a real time File system replication software.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/sm/index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

2. SAN Based replicaiton solution
By using Continues access solution (By using a Direct Fibre Link between sites / using FCIP- Fibre channel over WAN Link) you can replicate the data to standby
Synchronous - Realtime Replication but effects the performance as the IO has to acknowledge from secondary EVA.
Asynchronous - Almost realtime without effecting any performance on Source EVA.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/conaccesseva/index.html

Hope this helps..
Siva..
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
I have to mention 3rd way:
Storage virtualisation via 3rd party tools - DataCore, FalconStor...

Jan