HPE EVA Storage

Reconnect Enclosures with loop switch EVA8000

AZayed
Super Advisor

Reconnect Enclosures with loop switch EVA8000

Dears,
Good day,

I have a questions, Is it SAFE to reconnect enclosure with different port on loop switch or even change the enclosure loop switch to the second group? May I loose data ?

Thanks a lot.
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
3 REPLIES 3
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: Reconnect Enclosures with loop switch EVA8000

The enclosures can be connected on any port on the loop-swith, but there's a recommended order to keep cabling tidy.

Enclosures 1 - 6 go to loop-switches 1A and 1B, controllers are in position 7, enclosures 8 - 13 go to loop-switches 2A and 2B. You cannot change that.
AZayed
Super Advisor

Hi Victor,
Thanks a lot.

Okay, actually I have 2C16D EVA. Now, I want to connect extra two but I may change the order to make them equally balanced between the loop switches.

In the attachment there is a picture with the current situation, maybe the EMU number will be change + maybe I'm going change the enclosure loop switch. So, is it safe?

Thanks
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

In the current senario, Encloure number 18 and 19 will be connected to TOP Loop.

So you can change the Enclosure 18 ID Cable to ID 17 and change the IO Module Connections to Bottom Loop.

Then Change the Enclosure 19 ID Cable to ID 18. Now Connect two enclosures to ID 19 and 20 and without any physiscal movement u can install those enclosures on Top of the existing Enclosures and connect those on TOP Loop Switches.

Dont forget to follow the disk placement guide. For EVA 8000 Below are the rules.

1. Dont Populate Disk Bays 12,13,14 on Enclosure Number 16,17,19,20 and u can populate all 14 HDDs in Enc 15 and 18. This will bring the total count of 240Disk Limit.

As per picute, currenlty there is some issue with one of the enclosure. clear the same before upgrade.