New Discussion юеВ

Re: Recovery HP EVA 6400

SOLVED
Go to solution
AVAstr
Occasional Collector

Recovery HP EVA 6400

Hi,

We have an HP EVA 6400 (2 controllers). One of the controllers failed, the RAM and the memory card failed on it.

We bought a new controller and want to put it in place of the failed. In all the manuals for replacing the controller, it is required to save the memory card from the past and use it in the new one, but we cannot do this, since it also failed.

How do we "make friends" with these controllers, if they have different information on memory cards ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
NimaG
HPE Pro

Hello AVAstr,

I understand that you are referring to a faulty program card. On the EVA 6400, the program card is an FRU that can be replaced separately.
Refer:
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0118121

Preferably, raise a support case with HPE for log analysis, based on which a detailed action plan can be shared.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AVAstr
Occasional Collector

hi, @NimaG

Tell me, we brought a completely new controller, it has this card, but it is recommended to put a card out of a failed controller, how to replace the controller correctly, if the old card is damaged?

AVAstr
Occasional Collector
Solution

Algorithm of actions:

1. Turn off storage
2. Inclusion of disk shelves (waiting ~ 5 minutes) 3. Turning on the working controller (waiting for full load WWN / Name) (WITHOUT a new one) 4. The inclusion of a new controller (waiting, we entered the error menu Fault Menu) 5. On the new controller to do a restart option 6. NEW controller reboots, the main controller (working) starts to upload code in CodeLoading mode to NEW controller 7. We are waiting until the end of the code download, the NEW controller reboots 8. NEW controller loads and gets (automatically) WWN \ Name 9. Is done