HPE EVA Storage
1753528 Members
5485 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Remove EVA from Command View 9.04 console.

SOLVED
Go to solution
PaulMc
Occasional Visitor

Remove EVA from Command View 9.04 console.

Hi all

Does anyone know how to remove a defunct EVA system from Command View? I have recently commisioned a new server and taken over the management of the EVA using that console but the system is still showing in the old server. When you click on the EVA I have the option to take back control.  Ideally I want to remove this altogether so it is only displayed on the new server.

Thanks all.

Paul

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello, 

I haven't seen an option to remove an EVA from CV.

But there is the discovery button, that might help. If not perhaps restarting the CV service could do the trick.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

On the server where command view is installed somewhere under C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard (in command view installation directory I don't remember the exact place)

you will find a library with the name of the WWN of the old EVA stop command view service delete

this library and start the service again.

good luck

Regards

give a kudo if you liked

PaulMc
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the replies.  I have split the points here as it appears that there is a cache file located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\cache

Clicking discover had no effect but restarting the service wihout deleteing the cache file appears to have done the trick in my situation. 

Thanks again

Paul