108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Removing Instant On License in CV8.02

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gareth H Wilson
Frequent Advisor

Removing Instant On License in CV8.02

Has Anyone managed to do this successfully ?

i have tried using the CLEAR LICENSES command via SSSU and then readding the licenses back in but its still there :(

also the view licenses button doesnt seem to be there anymore in CV8 ??
6 REPLIES 6
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Removing Instant On License in CV8.02

There is no way to remove the instant CVEVA license. Clear license will remove only the license which has been installed by administrator.
Gareth H Wilson
Frequent Advisor

so i have to live with CV8 constantly having the error displayed in the attached pic ?
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

From the snapshot what i understood is there is no proper CVEVA license (due to some reason) installed on this EVA . And "Expired" error is not related to instant-on.

Continuous Access and Business Copy license is installed properly , from that i can figure out that this is EVA8K.

I would suggest to remove CVEVA license and install it again . Ensure that you are installing T5183A.Also cross check the EVA WWN number.

Dont install EVA5K license.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/cmdvieweva/licensing.html

Gareth H Wilson
Frequent Advisor

thanks for the feedback i think the problem is with the licenses that we have been issued with by HP, we upgraded our EVA5000 to an EVA8100 and the license we then got was an "upgrade" license T5187A-HP CV EVA 5k6k Upgd to 8k Ser Unlim Lic i think this is whats wrong, i have now logged a call with hp support about this as its not right

Cheers again
PB75
Advisor

I had the same issue with our EVA5000 to 8100 Upgrade. What you need is the following License:

T3733-5K - HP CV EVA 5000 Upgd to Unlim Lic

regards
Patrick
McKDEVStorage
Advisor

FYI the CLEAR LICENSE command under SSSU only clears out the regular type licenses on the EVA8400 and NOT the instant on license which remains no matter what you do. Sitting there "inactive" and "expired".

Not only that but the license I have on my EVA8400 is the full unlimited EVA8K CV General license and it still does not work. Been working with HP for an extremely long period of time trying to resolve this and still spinning in circles.

I've tried everything I can to remove CV 9.2.1 and completely clean any traces, pulled all licenses off EVA, restarted service many times. Still stuck with a VALID unlimited full license and an unmanageable EVA.