1747987 Members
4611 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Resetting a fabric login from HPUX /dev/td0 to Clariion

Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Resetting a fabric login from HPUX /dev/td0 to Clariion

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset a fabric login without disconnecting cables? Such as some FCMSUTIL command.

I have an HPUX server connected to two Clariions. One of the Clariions shows the HPUX HBAs as not logged in.

I don't want to physically disconnect any fibers because they a being used to communicate to the other array.

I want to cause the HBA to relogon to a particular NPORTID.

E.g., fcmsutil /dev/td0 reset_connection 0x040300

This there perhaps an undocumented command that I could use.

Regards,

Bill
5 REPLIES 5
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

HI,

i know that you don't wont disconnect the cable,

because the FC adapter is used also for other storage but i think if you have separated fabric with multiple HBA nd alternate links , you could make a disable/enable of the card but this is the same as disconnect it with the cable.

mikap
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

I'm sure you are correct. It's just that the good connection is running production and the broken one is test and developement.

While I'm sure there is a 95%+ chance that the failover will work just fine, I'd hate to disconnect the production DB just to get the test connections working.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

i know exactly what you mean, whith your words,
i was several times in this situation, and always, was a signature requested from the Management to aprove this action. We have all connection with multiple links connected to the storage, but nobody know what could happend, with the failower fabric/HBA/cables ...

mikap
Bill Rothanburg
Trusted Contributor

I've noticed with our HP-UX systems that the Clariion will report the HBA as not logged in when it's not using the path, but the server shows the path has healthy. It appears to be normal.

An ioscan should cause the HBA to login to the array again. I usually do "ioscan -f" to keep things simple.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

I've done a bunch of ioscans, insf's and stopping and starting of naviagent, but it's still is not logged in.

Based on your observation, all try some diskinfo's to see if accessing the drives will cause a relogin.