1753629 Members
5671 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SAN CONNECTION

SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

SAN CONNECTION

I've two HP Storage works 8GB SAN swithches. Planning to install one in Data Center and other in DR site.For testing purpose both switches are configuring in same room with distance of 2m. As both swithces are in same room, When I connected these two swiches with simple 5m Multi-Mode OM3 LC/LC FC calbe, the LED in SAN switch is blinking orange color. Both SAN switch has 4Gbps Short wave and 8Gbps Long wave transceivers installed.Both switches are in default zone. Do i need to configre in SAN switch for simple single cable connection between two switches? If yes what configuration? Why green LED is not showing while conneting two SAN swiches with 5m OM3 LC/LC FC cable?
3 REPLIES 3
FerSAN_2
Advisor

Hi Samir,

First of all, if I was you, i would look the switch events.
Maybe you can have a issue with the zones of each switch. And you need to clear the new switch before connect it.
I did the same, a couple of months ago, with a 4Gb and 1Gb switch.

Good luck.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

also look at the licencing-model of this switch.
you may need to "install" a licence to enable the port as an "fabric-interconnect" (E-)port , instead of normal host (F-)port.

If both switches have out-of-the-boxconfig you must at least give both switches a default domain-number.

Pieter
SamirShrestha
Frequent Advisor

I've solve is issue by chaning default domain name of two san switches with differen name