New Discussion юеВ

Re: SAN Mapepd Volumes and Windows 2003 DC

SOLVED
Go to solution
sugar_2
Advisor

SAN Mapepd Volumes and Windows 2003 DC

Hello folks! =)

I configured a MSA2012i in two ProLiant servers, using with Windows 2003 Microsoft iSCSI initiator, all of the MSA three volumes are mapped to each server as three drives G:, O: and S: and I noticed that same volumes on each server can have different content, is not supposed that if I put something on Server 1 drive S: will be instantaneously reflected in Server 2 drive S: ?

Note: The reason I have two server is because I am creating a Primary and Secondary Domain controllers and then a Two Node Cluster using Microsoft Clustering Services

Thanks in advance!
Aldo
ALdo
3 REPLIES 3
sugar_2
Advisor

I forgot to mention that I will install MSSQL-2005 in that cluster using drive Q: as a Quorum, and that is my concern if I will be able to do it since the two servers haven't synchronized their Volumes....

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Aldo,
I have told you in a previous thread that Windows can't do that! You are just corrupting your data!!

Once you have set up MSCS it will make sure only one server has read/write access to the disk, but you need to set it up in the correct order.
sugar_2
Advisor

thanks for your patience, in last thread I didn't understood 100% since I am very new with SAN, Domain Controllers and Clustering...

Thanks!