New Discussion юеВ

SAN Switch 2/16 configUpload fails

SOLVED
Go to solution
kunalsahoo
Valued Contributor

Re: SAN Switch 2/16 configUpload fails

Hi Dan,

can you check if the ftp server is workin fine by executing some ftp commands.
if that works check with windows admin username n password....

1more thing , hope you have started the FTP tool before logging in to the switch via telnet, so when you do a configupload what exactly comes in the FTP tool ,the screen shot will do....watch that carefully...that will help you to troubleshoot....
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

As Kunalsahoo said you need to verify that your FTP server is actually running. The other thing that I have always had to do is put in the domain or workgroup name as part of the user name, eg If the PC is called 'mypc' and the user called 'dan' then in the FTP logon credentials you need to put:

mypc/dan
Danesh Qureshi
Regular Advisor

I finally managed to upload the SAN switch configuration from both SAN switches to my PC.

AWilliams gave me a clue to make sure I was using my PC's username login as "Danesh" and not "dan" which I initially created within Cerberus FTP server.So I used credentials of my PC to connect via FTP server.

I have attached a document which explains how I successfully uploaded the SAN configurations to my PC. It may help someone who may want to download SAN configuration.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

I have assigned points as requested.