1753481 Members
4268 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SAN zoning- EVA and EMC

Brenda Morgan
Occasional Contributor

SAN zoning- EVA and EMC

We currently have both EVA and EMC arrays in our SAN. We have different zones configured for EVA and EMC. One of our Admins would like to simplify our zoning by combining the zones so that the EVA and EMC arrays are in the same zone with other members which connect to both. Anyone have any experience with this, or links to best practices for this type of situation? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

All supported configurations are listed in the SAN Design Guide...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=406734

Look there for your information. It has everything we support, and is updated frequently.

Regards,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Fred Bingman
Occasional Advisor

Currently, I am using an older Storagework HSG80 and EMC Clariion arrys in the same fabric. The easiest way I ahve found is to use EMC powerpath and install it with the additional array option. After that zoning is the same. I also use both the older Compaq OEM LP8000 HBA's and those branded by EMC LP9802-E with no issues so far. I use the LP8000 for access to the HSG80 with compaq drivers/firmware, seting up access on the hsg80, and use LP9802-E for access to the Clariion array. Switch zoning is the same as usual.

Fred