1752774 Members
4819 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SMI-S / CIMOM not installing

Lars Bornich
Frequent Advisor

SMI-S / CIMOM not installing

(posted in the storage forums as well, just in case)

Hi there,

When I installed Command View 9.0.1, SMI-S was selected by default. After installation, I noticed that there was not SMI-S folder in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard, and the HP StorageWorks CIM Object Manager service isn't installed. This results in HP SIM not being able to detect any storage systems on this host.

The logs
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP_StorageWorks_SMI-S_CIMOM_InstallLog.log
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP_StorageWorks_SMI-S_EVA_InstallLog.log

show no errors

Any ideas what I can do, or what is causing this?
5 REPLIES 5
_medusa_

Hi.
I'm having the same problem.
I Instaled command view, including SMI-S, but the service HP StorageWorks CIM Object Manager service not appears anywhere.
The command view version installed is the 9.1

I tryed to uninstall and reinstall, but nothing new happens, the instalation process OK, but the service dosn't appears.

searching in the web, I haven't found anything.

Thanks for any help provided
Lars Bornich
Frequent Advisor

I eventually fixed this by uninstalling all HP software and WCCproxy + running the WEBES cleaner. After rebooting the server and applying the latest support pack, the CIMOM service installed without any issues.

I don't know if it was a fluke, but I have uninstalled and re-installed CommandView a few times after that just to check, and each time, CIMOM installed without any issues.
_medusa_

I tryed it, but i haven't uninstall Data Protector (what is inslalled in the server), because I prefer don't uninstall it, but nothing changes, the HP Storageworks CIM Object Manager service not appears.

Thanks for your answer
Jim Dormal

What proliant support pack were you running when you experienced the issue? I have the same problem with reinstalling SMI-S on a management server that was on PSP V 8.30.
Lars Bornich
Frequent Advisor

the server in question was running 8.25A - uninstalling and upgrading to 8.30 appeared to fix it as mentioned above